Storm Warnings

Here we go again... 

The most recent storm that passed through had an interesting progression. It began as a disturbance, became a depression, developed into a hurricane, got torn apart over the mountains, remained a storm to be watched, downgraded to a depression, regained strength and was once again a storm, and finally made landfall as a hurricane again, wrecking havoc with tornadoes and torrential rains. The headlines at one point read, "The Remnants of Fred" and I realized how aptly it described me. 
 
I'm volatile like that. And, to be honest, no one really takes me seriously or adequately prepares, only to be caught off guard when I finally make landfall. Yeah, THEN I make news! Fred just sort of became a perfect allegory for what I am currently weathering. (See what I did there?! I can still be clever. And creative. And abstract.) 

So, once again, I enter the blogosphere in an effort to chase away the clouds, and fog, and other inclement analogies. I could have just reopened one of the many that have gone before, but none of them would have had the perfect title. A friend said it would make a great epitaph, but I prefer to write before my work is considered posthumous. 

More after the break...

Popular posts from this blog

Stormy Weather

Caught in the Undertow